North-West Communities

Tacarigua

Tacarigua is located east of Tunapuna and west of Arouca, and can be accessed by the Eastern Main Road. Dinsley Village is one of the communities of Tacarigua.

Entertainment

Steelbands: The following is a listing of the steelbands that functioned in Tacarigua, broken down by type: traditional (pans supported around the neck); and conventional (pans supported mechanically).

STEELBAND TYPE LOCATION IN 2002 HISTORY
Parry's Pan School Conventional 165 Eastern Main Road  

Academic Institutions

SCHOOL LEVEL ADDRESS RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION HISTORY
Charis Works Christian Academy     Orange Grove Road  
St. Mary's Anglican School Primary   Anglican  
Tacarigua Presbyterian School Primary Eastern Main Road Presbyterian On June 23, 1884, the Tacarigua CMI school opened on lands granted by the government. The school has since been rebuilt and renamed and is known as the Tacarigua Presbyterian or the Blackadder Memorial School.
Tacarigua Orphanage Primary Eastern Main Road    

TOP
E-mail to: Ronald C. Emrit

Copyright 2000-2009 All rights reserved.